Graduation season is approaching! It’s time for your little one to take their first step towards a world of learning and discovery – preschool graduation!
But where do you start when it comes to preparing for this big milestone? This post can help! In this article, you’ll get the inside scoop on all the must-have items and traditions you need to make their preschool graduation day extra special.
From the best name labels for labeling all of their graduation day gear to fitting gifts and everything in between, you’ll learn what you need to make your graduate’s day one they’ll remember forever.
This post contains sponsored content, however all thoughts and opinions are honest and my own.
Name Labels for Graduation Gear
Before your child even steps foot in the building for graduation, you will definitely want to make sure to label all of their graduation gear with waterproof and laundry safe name labels. As a mom of three I recommend Name Bubbles labels (Use PINECONES10 for 10% off) because they hold up in the dishwasher, laundry, and everywhere in between!
Cap & Gown Clothing Labels – laundry proof clothing labels are a must-have for your child’s cap and gown. You want to make sure these novelty items make it home to you!
Shoe Labels – shoe labels are helpful for not only making sure your little one can get their shoes on the right feet quickly and easily, but they can also keep your child’s shoes from getting lost or misplaced after graduation festivities.
Water Bottle & Lunchbox Labels – graduation can be a hectic day and there will probably be more going on and more people there compared to normal. Keep your little one’s water bottle, lunchbox, and other gear easily identifiable with dishwasher-safe labels so nothing gets lost!
Medical alert Labels – helpful if your child has an allergy or other important medical condition.
Read More: How to Label Kids Gear for Summer Camp
Cute Graduation Outfit
Preschool graduation only comes around once for your child, so be sure to grab a cute graduation outfit for your little one to wear under their gown (or in place of their gown if your child’s school isn’t doing graduation gowns).
Make sure this outfit is also breathable, comfy, and weather appropriate so that your child isn’t uncomfortable and grumpy for graduation festivities.
Snap a Cute Photo
Once your preschooler is all dressed and ready for graduation, don’t forget to snap a cute photo! This can be a simple photo in their graduation hat and/or gown, in front of their school, or can be something more fun like some of these ideas mentioned below:
- Fill out a “last day of school” board with all of your child’s favorite things to compare year after year
- Take a before and after photo of your child on the first day of the school year and the last (graduation)
- Buy an adult sized shirt and have your child wear it year after year on the first or last day of school and watch them grow
Keepsake Graduation Gift
I’m a sucker for unique and personalized gifts, and graduation is the perfect time to get one for your child (or give these ideas to other family members who come asking for gift ideas).
- Personalized graduation gift like a shirt, stuffed animal, or bracelet with their name and graduation year.
- Take a family vacation! It doesn’t have to be a big trip far from home, but even a short overnight trip can make lasting family memories for your preschooler.
- If you don’t like to do physical gifts, try a season pass to the zoo, aquarium, children’s museum, or other local attraction
Help Them Prepare for Kindergarten
After graduation your child is off to kindergarten! For most children, this means big changes like heading to a new school, a new teacher, and new classmates. Help them prepare and know what to expect by talking about it beforehand, grabbing a book related to starting kindergarten, meeting their teacher and visiting the school before school starts.
Graduation is a big step for your little one so you will want to be prepared with these 5 must-haves for preschool graduation! Be sure to label your child’s graduation gear, clothing, water bottle and more with Name Bubbles labels, choose a special graduation outfit, snap a cute photo, consider a keepsake gift, and help them prepare for the future with a book all about kindergarten.
You might also like these recent related posts:
- Ultimate Baby Registry Checklist: Everything You Need for Your Baby
- The Cutest Easter Pajamas for Toddlers
- 20 Easy Lunch Ideas for 10 Month Olds
- The Best Labels for Back-to-School: Name Bubbles
- Embracing the Chill: Simple Tips for Getting Your Toddler Outdoors in Cold Weather