An Amara baby food review by a mom of three! Our honest opinion on Amara Organic baby food plus why it’s different from other baby foods on the market.
Want the bottom line? Amara baby food is made of great, organic ingredients, has bold and unique flavors, and is a super convenient option for serving baby food to your baby!
This post contains affiliate links (which simply means I earn a small commission when you buy through my link at no additional cost to you), however all thoughts and opinions are completely honest and my own.
Just starting solids? Read more on my baby feeding series:
- Combing Purees and Baby-Led Weaning
- Baby Feeding Essentials for Starting Solids
- 7 Month Old Baby-Led Weaning Meal Ideas
- 3 Ingredient Baby Banana Pancakes for Self Feeding
Is Amara good for babies?
Yes! Amara is a great brand of baby food to serve your baby. Amara baby food is made with whole food organic ingredients like fruits, vegetables, and grains and contains no preservatives, additives, or concentrated sugars.
Amara is unique because it uses a patented freeze dried process to create baby food powder that you mix at home with liquid of your choice.
Keep reading to find out more benefits of Amara!
Shop Amara Baby Food (Use code PANDP15 to save 15%)
How is Amara baby food made?
Amara directly sources their fruits, veggies, and grains from organic farms that adhere to strict standards for growing and harvesting produce.
Ingredients are freeze dried using Amara’s patent-pending pressure technology that preserves taste and texture by gently removing the water. The freeze-drying process also preserves nutrients, which can be lost during other processing methods.
These whole food ingredients are then ground down into a powder and packaged so they can easily be rehydrated to any texture that suits the needs of your baby! This also makes for super easy storage and transporting on the go!
Benefits of Amara Baby Food
Amara baby food (Use code PANDP15 to save 15%) is a great choice for parents who want to give their babies nutritious, nutrient-dense meals. Here are some of the top reasons why we love Amara baby food:
- Organic and Nutritious Ingredients: the top reason why we love Amara is because they use high-quality organic ingredients! Most parents want the best when feeding their baby and Amara’s ingredients are top notch. They use whole food ingredients like fruits, veggies, and grains and are freeze dried to preserve nutrients.
- Convenient Packaging: Amara packaging is unique in that it’s not a pouch of pre-made baby food, but a freeze dried powder. This makes it light-weight and a relatively small footprint so you can load up your pantry or diaper bag (for on-the-go eating!). Additionally, Amara baby food can be stored at room temperature, so there’s no need to worry about refrigeration.
- Easy to Prepare: Amara baby food is super easy to prepare! No measuring needed, you simply mix the freeze dried powder with milk of your choice (breastmilk, formula, or whole milk or alternative milk for toddlers) or water until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Mixed with Breastmilk or Formula: The ability to mix Amara baby food with breastmilk or formula is a huge advantage of using Amara. Mixing Amara with breastmilk or formula can add extra nutrients, calories, or can help you use up extra breastmilk that you may have stocked up.
- Customizable Texture: As babies get older their nutritional needs and eating abilities change. Because you prepare Amara baby food yourself by mixing the freeze dried powder with liquid, you are able to customize the texture to meet your baby’s needs and taste preferences! I love that we can make it thinner for babies just starting solids or thicker for older babies to practice self-feeding with a spoon.
- Allergen-Free: Amara baby food is free from common allergens like dairy, soy, and nuts, making it a great choice for babies with allergies or sensitivities.
- Variety of Flavors: we love that Amara has a variety of flavors from savory veggies to flavorful fruity oats and no-sugar-added smoothie melts. You can stock up on your baby’s favorites or give them the option to try something new. Offering a variety of flavors early and often to your baby can also help to combat picky eating tendencies!
- No preservatives or additives: Amara baby food has no artificial ingredients, preservatives or additives. Amara is made of only whole food, organic ingredients.
- Time-Saving: Finally, giving your baby Amara baby food saves time! Making homemade baby food from scratch can be extremely time consuming. Although I have done it from time to time, as a busy mom of three I prefer quick and easy options when possible. I love that with Amara I can have a quick option for baby food, but also know that I’m giving my baby high-quality, nutrient dense foods.
Shop Amara Baby Food (Use code PANDP15 to save 15%)
You might also like these recent related posts:
- Ultimate Baby Registry Checklist: Everything You Need for Your Baby
- The Cutest Easter Pajamas for Toddlers
- 20 Easy Lunch Ideas for 10 Month Olds
- The Best Labels for Back-to-School: Name Bubbles
- Embracing the Chill: Simple Tips for Getting Your Toddler Outdoors in Cold Weather